Summer Camp & Therapeutic Recreation
Each summer, children, ages five and older, and adults with disabilities take a fun-filled break at Camp Horizon. Our dedicated counselors work individually with campers using a curriculum focused on therapeutic recreation and education. Camp Horizon is held from mid-June through mid-August on the campus of Virginia Wesleyan. Participants may attend day or overnight camp for a week or more.
Camp Horizon 2017 Dates:
- Week One- June 19-23 -Amazing Race Week
- Week Two- June 26-30 -The Sky’s the Limit Week
- Week Three – July 5-7 -Make Em’ Laugh Week
- Week Four – July 10-July 14 -Let’s Go Green Week
- Week Five – July 17 – 21 -Alter Ego Week
- Week Six – July 24-28 -Myths and Legends Week
- Week Seven – July 31- August 4 -All Ball Week
- Week Eight – August 7-11 -Moovin & Groovin Week
FEE: $440 per day camp session; $740 per overnight session plus $25 application fee for each camper
Camp Horizon 2017 Application Forms and Information
- Camp Horizon 2017 Application (Required for all Campers if no online application submitted)
- Camp Horizon 2017 Medical Forms (Required for all Campers)
- Camp Horizon 2017 Release Forms (Online Application ONLY)
- Camp Horizon 2017 Frequently Asked Questions
- Camp Horizon 2017 Policies and Procedures
- Camp Horizon 2017 Program Rights and Responsibilities
- Camp Horizon 2017 Theme Weeks
BEHAVIORAL AND THERAPEUTIC RECREATION CONSULTATIONS
Behavioral and Therapeutic Recreation Consultations are available to individuals who have a Medicaid Community Living Waiver. Behavioral Consultations support individuals and provide training to families and staff in use of Positive Behavior Supports to replace and/or manage challenging behaviors. Therapeutic Recreation Consultations support individuals in discovering and engaging in meaningful leisure activities to increase independence and enhance quality of life.
GROUP EXERCISE FOR SENIORS
Shape Up is a safe, tested program of gentle exercise especially for seniors. The chair-based exercise program uses slow and gentle movements to restore strength and flexibility to all parts of the body. The class is suitable for all who want to revive more of their body’s vitality and flexibility, restore more energy and be healthier.