Over 1,000 kids are living in foster care in Hampton Roads. Share your love and home.
Throughout Hampton Roads, thousands of individuals and families have chosen to foster or adopt a child in need… Won’t you join them?
Attend a free, no-obligation Information Session near you. Refreshments provided. Contact us today.
Foster Care at The Up Center
The Up Center’s Therapeutic Foster Care and Foster-to-Adopt programs serve a diverse group of children, ranging in age from birth to age 21. During your foster parenting experience, a wealth of support services is provided, as well as countless benefits of fostering a child.
Foster Parents Are Everyday Heroes.
Single or married, young or old–they provide shelter, support, and healing to children in desperate need of stability. In addition to making a difference in the life of a child, when you foster through The Up Center, you receive:
- Free training
- 24/7 support (including on-call emergency and crisis assistance)
- Vacation days
Do YOU have what it takes to be a foster parent?
- Are you single, married, or divorced?
- Are you at least 25 years old?
- Do you have a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle?
- Do you either rent or own your own home?
- Are you working or a stay-at-home parent, or retired?
- Do you have a stable form of income (no government assistance)?
- Will you clear background checks?
- Will you commit to attending all training sessions?
Interested in receiving more information? Please click here!
If you answered YES to all of these questions, then contact us today!
Foster Care & Adoption Services Staff
To refer a child:
Intake Support Clinician
To become a foster parent: