Over 1,000 kids are living in foster care in Hampton Roads. Share your love and home.
Throughout Hampton Roads, thousands of individuals and families have chosen to foster or adopt a child in need… Won’t you join them?
Attend a free, no-obligation Information Session near you. Refreshments provided. Contact us today.
Thursday, August 20, 12:00 p.m., The Up Center, Downtown Norfolk
Thursday, August 20, 6:00 p.m., The Up Center, Downtown Norfolk
Thursday, September 10, 6:00 p.m., Newport News (location TBD)
Thursday, September 17, 12:00 p.m., The Up Center, Downtown Norfolk
Thursday, September 17, 6:00 p.m., The Up Center, Downtown Norfolk
Click here to review a sample of what you’ll receive at an Information Session.
Foster Care at The Up Center
The Up Center’s Therapeutic Foster Care and Foster-to-Adopt programs serve a diverse group of children, ranging in age from birth to age 21. During your foster parenting experience, a wealth of support services is provided, as well as countless benefits of fostering a child.
Foster Parents Are Everyday Heroes.
Single or married, young or old–they provide shelter, support, and healing to children in desperate need of stability. In addition to making a difference in the life of a child, when you foster through The Up Center, you receive:
- Free training
- 24/7 support (including on-call emergency and crisis assistance)
- Vacation days
Do YOU have what it takes to be a foster parent?
- Are you single, married, or divorced?
- Are you at least 25 years old?
- Do you have a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle?
- Do you either rent or own your own home?
- Are you working or a stay-at-home parent, or retired?
- Do you have a stable form of income (no government assistance)?
- Will you clear background checks?
- Will you commit to attending all training sessions?
If you answered YES to all of these questions, then contact us today!
Foster Care & Adoption Services Staff
To refer a child:
To become a foster parent:
Residential Services Associate
(757) 354-3819 ext. 452