The Up Center is one of the region’s leading providers of mental health services. We have moved quickly to respond to the needs of our community during the COVID-19 crisis by shifting to a telehealth delivery service for outpatient counseling.
We recognize that financial hardships exist and are flexible in working with clients on payment for service.
If you need mental health support during this unprecedented time, here are some ways we can help:
- Face-to-face video therapy
- Flexible scheduling
- 15, 30 or 60 minute appointments
- New clients accepted
- Appointments available for people without health insurance
Please call us at (757) 644-1242 to schedule an appointment.
If you are a veteran or a military family member, please call our Military Family Clinic at (757) 965-8686 to schedule an appointment.
Counseling Services Intake Coordinator
A donation to our Emergency Response Fund will directly support quality, evidenced-based mental health services for children and families who may be experiencing financial hardship or are uninsured.Donate Now
Reliable Information Sources
General Mental Health Resources
Substance Use Disorder Services
- NAMI HelpLine Information & Resource Guide
- Magellan Healthcare Virtual Recovery Meetings
- SAMHSA: Coping with Stress During Infectious Disease Outbreaks
- SAMHSA: Taking Care of Your Behavioral Health
- The Up Center Virtual Peer Recovery Group
- Managing Healthcare Workers’ Stress Associated with the COVID-19 Virus Outbreak
- For Providers and Community Leaders: Helping People Manage Stress Associated with the COVID-19 Virus Outbreak
For Childcare Providers & Caregivers
Mindfulness & Meditation Apps
Domestic Violence Resources
To schedule an appointment, call (757) 644-1242.