Throughout Hampton Roads, thousands of individuals and families have chosen to foster or adopt a child in need… Won’t you join them?
Foster Care at The Up Center
The Up Center’s Therapeutic Foster Care and Foster-to-Adopt programs serve a diverse group of children, ranging in age from birth to age 21. During your foster parenting experience, a wealth of support services is provided, as well as countless benefits of fostering a child.
Foster Parents Are Everyday Heroes.
Single or married, young or old–they provide shelter, support, and healing to children in desperate need of stability. In addition to making a difference in the life of a child, when you foster through The Up Center, you receive:
- Free training
- 24/7 Support (including on-call emergency and crisis assistance)
- Vacation days
Attend an free, no-obligation Information Session. Contact us today.
To become a foster parent with The Up Center, you:
- Can be single, married, or divorced.
- Are at least 25 years old.
- Have a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle.
- Either rent or own your own home.
- Can be a working or stay-at-home parent, or retired.
- Have a stable form of income (no government assistance).
- Will have to clear background checks.
- Commit to attending all training sessions.
Over 1,000 kids are living in foster care in Hampton Roads. Share your love and home.
Attend an information session, contact us today.
“I knew as soon as he came to my home I wanted to adopt him.”
Foster Care & Adoption Services Staff
To refer a child:
To become a foster parent:
Heather WatkinsOutreach & Recruitment Specialist firstname.lastname@example.org